How do you know the network security firm taking care of your IT services is worth the investment? Many IT companies can respond to network security contingencies, but how many of them can implement long-term strategies that elicit better network security, performance, and productivity? Below are 4 signs you’re with the right network security company.
- They put service before payment. Your network security company should be more interested in curing your IT network problems, i.e. performing at a tangible level, proving their worth, above their interest in your money (and conspicuously high-dollar amounts). Their service protocol will be equitable with what you are paying, in other words, if not perform beyond it in terms of client expectation.
- They will act as a trusted business partner. With comprehensive network security in place, your enterprise will experience many business benefits. Your company will be well-protected against business disruption, which in turn will help keep employees productive. Also, network security via a champion IT support firm helps your company meet mandatory compliance regulations. Your risk of legal action due to data theft is reduced with network security assurance protecting your customers’ data. Ultimately, the better network security bet helps protect a business’ reputation, which is one of its most important assets.
- They will expertly address all security threats and exploits with peerless defenses. Your network security company of choice will be able to protect you from all manner of threats to your network and business computing capability, including:
- Zero-day attacks, i.e., zero-hour attacks
- Hacker attacks, including ransomware
- Denial-of-service attacks
- Data interception and theft
- ID and personally-identifiable info theft
- Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses
- Spyware, malware, and adware
- Email phishing schemes
- Social engineering attacks (through exhaustive cyber safety protocols)
- Their overall approach covers all the networking bases, end to end. Effective network security is accomplished through both hardware and software upgrades, rollouts, and optimization. Software must be constantly updated and managed to protect you from a growing list of security threats, and outdated hardware will fail your network security framework. Ideally, all network security components will work together, which minimizes maintenance and improves security. These components will often include:
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware tools
- Firewalls, which block unauthorized access to your network
- Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), to identify fast-spreading threats, such as zero-day exploits or zero-hour attacks
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), providing more secure remote access
A Network Security Company Worth Its Weight in Gold
Talk to your network security company about these facets of sensible IT practices. If they balk at even one of them, you’ll probably want to shop around for a network security firm that’s like money in the bank – for you. If you need further advice on how best to optimize and upgrade your computer network, talk to a specialist at P&J Computers Inc., which is a proven leader in providing IT consulting, management, and support in Albany. Contact one of our helpful IT experts at (518) 459-6712 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org today, and we can help you with any of your questions or needs.